Test Hackathon: #TestAutomation
Test Hackathon is the first online and offline combined test automation hackathon. In its 2nd year, it goes international and it will be more fun!
Gather your team, submit your application, qualify for the final, code hard and get the awards.
Online + Offline Action
Prizes & Gifts
Dates to Remember
July 10th, Monday
Last Day of Submission
August 11th, Friday
Announce of Hackathon Finalists
August 18th, Friday
September 20th, Wednesday
Between 09:00 & 21:00
– Teams can have 2-4 members,
– Team members could be professionals, students or enthusiasts,
– No age restriction,
– English is the common-language is the event.
Hackathon Day: Schedule
– Door opens at 9:00
– Happens between 10:00 and 15:00
– Judge presentations between 15:00 and 18:00
– Awards to be delivered at after event: Keytorc TestTalks
Hackathon Day: Venue Facilities
– Complimentary light foods and drinks during day
– Bathrooms, smoking, resting areas
– Electricity, basic internet connection
– 1 Desk and 4 chairs per team
Hackathon Day: Technical
– No limitation for preferred coding languages.
– Teams are able to use Selenium Webdriver or preferred similar ones.
– Team Keytorc will be Hackathon Area to clarify things that are not fully understood.
– Teams will have GitHub fields to submit their works.
Ceren Şahin Gebizli
Prizes & Gifts
Sure there will be prizes and gifts. Some of them are quite special and only for the winners, but some are for all hackathon finalists.
Conference tickets, books, badges and more.
Hackathon will happen between 09:00 and 18:00
– Onboarding and general briefing
– Test subject declaration
– Development begins
– After development phase, teams to present their codes to judges
– Judges evaluates the outputs
– Results becomes declared at open community Keytorc TestTalks event which will carried out afterwards.
– Judges need to understand teams’ backgrounds and motivations about test automation. They are also curious about team members’ soft-skills.
– Conceptual Assessment questions is the ultimate way to impress the judges upfront, and get the ticket to attend Hackathon Day.
– Assessment will be handled by an online survey tool, which will be declared.
– It will be a web application’s test automation.
– The application will be declared in the beginning of Hackathon Day.
– Teams are able to use Java, C#, Python or Ruby or any other language that they feel comfortable.
– Teams are able to use Selenium Webdriver, SahiPro, RobotFramework, Cucumber or any other tool that they may prefer.
No, they will meet at code presentation phase at Hackathon Day.
There will be no restrictions about tasks. Teams are able to establish additional functions such as cloud integration or continuous integration within their time.